Evernote Devcup 2013
in San Francisco, CA
Congrats to this year's winners, and thank you to all who submitted!
The Evernote Devcup is our annual developer competition for designers and software developers. With the help of our online community, we will award prizes to the best products that integrate with the Evernote API.
- Friday, July 5, 2013 - Final submission deadline
- Friday, August 2, 2013 - Category prizes announced
- Friday, August 16, 2013 - Devcup Finalists announced
Build the next generation of memorable apps using the Evernote platform.
About the Evernote Devcup 2013 competition
Participants will be working on building apps and services that effectively use features within the Evernote service.
For all documentation on programming using the Evernote service, please visit dev.evernote.com
We use the following metrics when scoring applications:
- DESIGN - Is the application polished, visually appealing, and easy to use?
- EFFECTIVE USE OF EVERNOTE API - Does the application take advantage of the unique functionality offered by the Evernote platform?
- UTILITY - Is the application compelling and/or indispensable?
- ORIGINALITY - Is the application unique and/or innovative?
Please Review: Evernote App Best Practice Guide
Rules & Prizes
All eligible apps must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM on July 5th, 2013. Each submission must include a brief description and a 2-3 minute video demo. No app may participate if it has released a public integration with Evernote prior to March 10th, 2013. Please check out our full list of rules and a brief list of best practices.
We are also proud to offer a series of prizes to the most outstanding Devcup contestants. We are lucky to offer a range of awards:
- Cash prizes of up to $20,000
- Surprise awards from partners Honda Silicon Valley Lab, Amazon Web Services, and Docomo Innovations
- Hardware from sponsors such as Leap Motion and Pebble Watch
How to Enter
Main steps in getting started:
- Go to dev.evernote.com to register your API key, review the documentation, and start building on our sandbox environment. Review the getting started guide »
- For inspiration, review the Evernote app ideas discussion on our developer forums »
- Register an account on this site and join the Devcup hackathon
- Finally, submit your team's project ». Be sure to follow our guide for iOS apps and include the UDIDs listed below!
On this site you can follow the competition in addition to watch and share what other teams are publicly working on.