Submitted for Judging
This project is hosted in appengine and makes use of IronMq, IronWorker and IronCache.
The mechanics goes like this:
- User accesses to "https://weekend-hack.appspot.com/oauth"
- Adds a github project to monitor (e.g. iron-io/iron_go)
- This project name is stored in appspot and is sent to ironMQ
- A worker reads the contents of the queue every 30 seconds. For each item it does the following:
+ Reads the project information from github (name, description, contributors and used languages)
+ Respects request thresholds imposed by github
+ Stores project information in ironCache
+ If everything goes ok, the message is deleted and the project name is inserted into the queue with a delay of 60 seconds
+ If there has been an error, the message is not deleted and hence will be managed again in 1 minute.
Please accept my thanks for the challenge.
The following is the list of the technologies this challenge has given me the opportunity to touch for the first time:
- Iron.io: mq, worker and cache
- Go http
PS: I have removed authentication tokens to avoid unauthorized accesses.