I am Professional UX Designer & Front-End Developer with my primary focus in mobile.
A Mobile NFC EMR app.
Lines suck. Credit cards suck. And awkwardly waiting for your food sucks.
Check in Take out is a Foursquare connected app that lets you check in as usual, order directly off the menu, pay with venmo and get an alert when your order is ready.
You know what doesn't suck? A kickass cashless in-person ordering process.
Steps for demo:
- Go to Check in Take Out and auth your foursquare account
- Use your phone and check in to a restaurant (it must have a menu with items that have prices). You can search for "Loving Hut" in NYC.
- You'll see the connected app appear, click it and you'll get a web app with all the menu items of that restaurant.
- Select whatever you want and checkout. confirm.
- At this point you'll be prompted to log in to venmo. Probably not a great idea unless you want to send your money to us. (Merchants aren't set up yet) You can skip this step.
- The merchant (Loving Hut, in this case) would get an SMS alert that there's a new order and link to an "order management" page. This allows the merchant to click when an order is ready.
- When the order is marked as ready for pick up, the customer gets an SMS (Twilio) or an email (Sendgrid).
Job searching sucks. Applicants may have raw talent but show up unprepared and miss opportunities.
Career Hound generates an intelligent, customized todo list for the companies and jobs you're interested in. Complete the steps and impress the shit out of your interviewer.
We split the process into three stages for each company that has a matching job: Prepare, Meet, Apply. For each stage, CareerHound provides dynamically generated todo items specific to that company or job.
- Prepare: Read the website, download the app, and be able to explain to your grandma what the company does.
- Meet: Connect with the founders on Twitter. Discover mutual connections via LinkedIn and have coffee.
- Apply: Pull the trigger with an amazing cover letter, get an interview and get the job.
Career Hound - The job hunt is on!
Some of the todo items (from APIs) include:
- Check out their Crunchbase profile
- Read NYT articles about the company
- Authenticate on LinkedIn to discover 2nd degree contacts
- Read the company profile on The Muse
Built on coffee, dodgeballs and caffeinated gum by the best fucking hackathon team ever: