This user has not filled out their profile!
For the Scanning track
Problem it was solving:
- Checks a website before you visit it. The problem is that most of the privacy tools analyze cookies/scripts that have already been set, so you're being tracked already. This lets you scope out the site beforehand by using my server as a proxy.
- Gives you a list of external files
- Informs you about any cookies its trying to set
- Tells you about any sensitive material on the site - hate speech, adult content, politically sensitive content
Future features that I will implement:
- An opt-in scoreboard of URLs that it has crawled, that is sortable by how dodgey the site seems. I.e. how many weird external links it contains.
What is significant?
- It shows a graphical breakdown of internal and external files / elements
- Anyone who is in a place where their connection is being monitored and they might want to check that the site they are visiting is Safe For Work. Or just generally paranoid people.
What is your sustainability model?
- I'll keep it running myself and if its popular, maybe ask for donations. Sites could also submit (for a fee) their data or explanations of their external links in more depth to prove how safe they are.
What license is it available under?
- Completely free to use, code on request (also free, its just not yet on github :P)
URL to running code:
Email: email@example.com :)
Competition between each neighbourhood as to who is the greenest!
A filterable league table of green data, showing what each neighbourhood is strong at in terms of oil/energy consumption, trees planted etc. (many metrics can be added later).
Shows what the neighbourhood should do to beat the one above it in the league table!
Using a django 1.4, wsgi 3.3, mysql, redhat 4.4 backend
Built from scratch by Matthew and Anton.
Finds real news articles, sensationalizes them and replaces words with innuendo using Natural Language Processing. From scratch!
We are using:
Mashery USAToday Newsfeed APIs
A designer for some nice graphics!
Correlates bar visits and NASDAQ closing values
This mobile app helps residents and building managers work together to save energy by optimizing water consumption. Residents can check into various activities (such as drinking water & taking a shower). Building managers can use this Android app to assess and grade the effectiveness of their water conservation activities. Waterlog is powered by Appery.io, Foursquare and AT&T.
This project is open source and accessible via GitHub - fork it today! http://www.github.com/ryanrapp/waterlog