This user has not filled out their profile!
Take checking in to the next level. Using tvQ's iPhone application, you can check into the TV shows you're watching. But checking in wouldn't be complete without rewards. Check into different shows to get prizes like coupons, VIP access, and tickets to filmings of your favorite show!
- Appcelerator - for the iPhone app
- Rovi API - for the media information
- IMDB - for poster art
- iTunes - for title matching
- Tuffon Benavides (@tofu_yum) - backend
- Vince Chan (@digichanv) - visual/assets
- Rahim Sonawalla (@rahims) - iPhone app
Video of it in action: https://vimeo.com/56865188
Fourpass is Passbook for the rest of us.
It's for everyone that doesn't have an iPhone or, like me, doesn't feel like upgrading to iOS6. Basically, it's an easy way to access all your loyalty cards through Foursquare.
Take a photo of one of your loyalty cards. (Or for the purposes of testing, take a photo of anything.)
E-mail the photo as an attachment to your personal Fourpass e-mail address with the name of the store in the subject line. Try "Starbucks" since they're all over the nation. Send the e-mail and wait for the confirmation. (This takes just over a minute since it has to go through the mail servers.)
Once you've gotten the confirmation e-mail that your card was added, open up the Foursquare app and check in to "Starbucks".
You'll notice an extra section under "Connected Apps" which you can tap to pull up your loyalty card.
Down the line, I'd like to add support for boarding passes.
- Foursquare API (using the Python wrapper)
- Mailgun (for all things e-mail)
- Transloadit (for resizing images)
- Rackspace Cloudfiles (for hosting the images)
- Heroku (for hosting in general)
- Flask (Python web framework)
- Requests (a Python library for HTTP)
- Redis (backend data store)
Made in LA.