The cream of the crap in music recommendation and discovery
Stage + Guitar + Cheap XMAS tree lights = LED There Be Rock!
alsa -> python -> processing (arduino) -> XMAS Led lights
"Explicit Feedback" is a very important aspect to tune and personalize your radio.
Have you ever wonder how it feels to actually give [EXPLICIT] feedback to a playlist?
Using a cheap webcam that detects your hand gesture, the user can love/ban a track, and improve the playlist. Yeah! Middle finger and all that...
It uses Bandcamp.com API, to create a radio from an album a user has purchased (see http://bandcamp.com/ocelma )
...and provide literal [EXPLICIT] feedback with your hand!
Def. to receive punishment; to accept the unpleasant results of one's face!
1) Upload an image
2) Detect the face
3) Compare to a DB of Gracenote artists' images
4) Get most similar artist faces
5) Create a Spotify playlist based on these artists
Welcome to Hollywood, 1913!
A hack made in 24 hours at "Hollywood Hack Day" (2013)
Given any movie, we convert it to a silent film by:
1) Extracting the frames
2) Converting them to B&W and applying a Sepia effect
3) Adding scratches and noise
4) Randomly removing some frames
5) Subsampling to 15 FPS
6) Selecting old songs (jazzy, 20s, etc.) based on Gracenote metadata
All done using Python, PIL, and ffmpeg.
No video editing software was used in the making of the films. Take that, Final Cut Pro!
King Kong (2005):